- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
- Power Foods for the Modern Lifestyle
- Gluten Free | Protein | Dietary Fiber
- Certified Organic
- Americas Superfood
- USDA Organic
- The Power of Superfoods
- Certified Organic by Control Union
- Eat Your Way to Health
- The National Organic Program Standards of the United States Department of Agriculture
- Navigating the Whole of Life with Truth, Integrity and Energy
Organic Raw Mesquite Powder
Mesquite is a traditional food of indigenous cultures from the arid regions of the Americas. This bag contains 100% pure mesquite powder that is certified organic, kosher, vegan, gluten-free and raw.
Mesquite is of great value because it contains fructose, which does not require insulin to digest and is readily metabolized. The flour also contains lysine, an amino acid, as well as notable quantities of calcium, magnesium, zinc and iron. This whole food powder is also a good source of dietary fiber.
The mission of Navitas Naturals' is to provide premium organic superfoods that increase energy and enhance health. Our products are of the highest quality, sourced directly from farmers, cultivated sustainably and in accordance with fair trade practices.
- Low Carb
- Low Glycemic
- Flour Substitute
Certified organic mesquite powder (prosopis pallida).
Allergen Information: Packaged in a facility that also handles tree nuts.
Storage Information: Refrigeration not required. Store in a cool, dark, dry place.
|Serving Size: 1 tsp (4.5 g)|
|Servings Per Container: 50|
|Amount/Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g||12%|
|*Percentage daily values based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.|
I was curious as to what this tasted like when I kept seeing it in raw food recipes. It tastes similar to carob powder but it definitely has it's own unique taste. It's a great thing to add to homemade granola or raw treats as it adds a sublte sweetness and some texture.
I love this product; it's a great whole food sweetener that's much more grounding than agave or even dried fruit.
Another Great Navitas Naturals Product!
Posted by BeckySue on Mar 13, 2015
This item has been discontinued but Iherb has many similar items that are just as good!
Posted by Reviewer2948708 on Sep 13, 2014
Turned out I'm not a big mesquite-fan, but if you are, I'm sure this will do the trick.
Posted by Reviewer1363836 on Aug 03, 2013
Taste really good
Good for baking
Posted by khi-73 on Sep 13, 2012
Nice to put a touch of superfood into homemade chocolate