Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Clearance

Doctor's Best, Curcumins Phytosome, Featuring Meriva, 500 mg, 60 Veggie Caps

£ 9.83

Better and safer alternative to pain killers, but contains magnesium stearate and modified cellulose.

14 peope found the following review helpful

Posted by Leione on Apr 28, 2014

What makes this product better that other curcu min supplements is that each curcu minoid molecule is individually complexed with molecules of phosphatidylcholine, a major component of biological membranes, which significantly increases its bioactivity, because curcu min naturally has very poor bioavailability stemming from its poor absorption, rapid metabolism, and rapid systemic elimination. Due to the unique composition of its molecules, this product becomes especially beneficial in treating such inflammatory conditions as arthritis, rheumatism, osteoporosis, viral infections, colds, flu, fever, diabetes, high cholesterol, heart disease, metabolic syndrome, upset stomach, stomach ulcers, colitis, HIV, uveitis, Alzheimer's disease, scabies, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, cancer, stress, depression, as well as many others. It reduces inflammation by targeting multiple steps in the inflammatory pathway at the molecular level and blocking a molecule that travels into the nuclei of cells and turns on genes related to inflammation, boosts and strengthens the immune system, stimulates the activity of the body’s antioxidant enzymes and neutralizes free radicals, improves brain function by increasing the levels of brain derived neurotrophic factor (the hormone responsible for it), improves eye health, aids digestion, relieves nausea and bloating, helps stabilize blood sugar and regulate insulin levels, prevents blood sugar spikes, normalizes blood pressure, lowers triglycerides and LDL or "bad" cholesterol levels while increasing HDL or "good" cholesterol, protects against strokes, atherosclerosis and peripheral arterial disease by improving the function of the endothelium (the lining of the blood vessels) and reducing inflammation and oxidation, helps maintain healthy joints, alleviates the symptoms of depression, slows down the progression of Alzheimer’s disease by clearing Amyloid plaques responsible for its onset, and can even fight cancer by inhibiting the growth of tumors and cancerous cells and blood vessels in them. It's a pretty good product. I used it instead of painkillers after my wisdom teeth removal surgery and it actually worked. It's much safer and has fewer side effects that traditional pain killers. The only thing I don't like about it is that it contains magnesium stearate and modified cellulose. Magnesium stearate is a lubricant used to prevent capsules from sticking to each other or the equipment being used, which creates a biofilm in the body and blocks the body from absorbing the necessary nutrients. Modified cellulose is chemically treated. Obviously, they're used almost everywhere and there are much more dangerous ingredients in traditional painkillers, but this product would be much safer without these ingredients.

Anti-inflammatory

6 peope found the following review helpful

Posted by Reviewer1876628 on Dec 03, 2012

I was taking the Thorne version of Meriva for a lot more money. This seems to be working as well, if not better. I would give it 5 stars but it does upset my stomach a little on occasion. I have been able to cut my other NSAIDS in half, so the next CRP test will tell if this works as advertised.

not so pleased

6 peope found the following review helpful

Posted by Reviewer1812679 on Nov 03, 2013

I didn't see it first time I ordered it but then I noticed it contains MODIFIED cellulose. I don't stick anything in my mouth which has "modified" stuff in it. Now I order from Now Foods.

Antiinflammatory for depression and brain health

12 peope found the following review helpful

Posted by Reviewer2717122 on Nov 05, 2010

I don't usually review supplements, because the effects are often subtle, but I'm convinced that curcumin has helped me with both mood and general well being. I take one of these, one super bio curcumin (from Life Extension) and one bio-curcumin with piperine each day (at different times). Have noticed an improvement in mood and energy, clearer thinking, and so far no adverse reactions. And I tend to be skeptical when it comes to these things... But this seems like something I may stick with for life.

Rheumatoid

5 peope found the following review helpful

Posted by Reviewer3164834 on Feb 09, 2011

I have RA and started taking this product. I have seen an improvement in the swelling in my knuckles and intensity of my flare ups.