Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Dr. Ohhira's, Essential Formulas Inc., Probiotics, Original Formula, 60 Capsules

£ 30.35
Reviews 5-star

Incredible

Posted by Reviewer1415100 on Feb 11, 2013

I'm still in disbelief as I write this. I was diagnosed with Blastocystis Hominis, and went through 6 months of hell trying to get rid of this stomach bug. I constantly had diarrhea and lost a lot of weight. I did months and months of research trying to find a cure, and I tried pretty much everything out there: multiple antibiotics, natural remedies such as oregano oil, wormwood, black walnut hulls, cloves, grapefruit seed extract, Sovereign Silver, and even probiotics such as Culturelle, S. Boulardii and the really expensive VSL3. None of these regimens worked, although some helped more than others. Completely depressed and knowing that I had wiped out most of my flora (none of the probiotics would stop the diarrhea), I decided to try Dr. Ohhiras - especially based on all the positive reviews. I have to admit that I didn't think it would help, but I ordered it along with Heather's Tummy Care off iHerb, hoping that it would at least help alleviate my stomach issues. I took this in addition to already taking Zenpep and Doctor's Best Betaine HCL (for low stomach acid). Well, I just received my third test back in 4 months, and all three confirmed what I already knew and felt: the Blasto has been eradicated! The diarrhea completely stopped and most of my other stomach issues are slowly resolving. My primary doc and gastroenterologist are all amazed that I was cleared of Blasto using this probiotic, and asked me to bring it in on my next visit (they have not had any luck using antibiotics or other herbs on almost any of their other patients). Just wanted to say a huge thank you to Dr. Ohhira for making such an incredible product. You really saved my life. And thanks to iHerb for carrying this product. I would give it 10 stars if I could. If anyone reading this is suffering from a Blasto infection, I would say try this before doing any antibiotics or other harsh treatment. The antibiotics are what caused the diarrhea in the first place, and I could have saved a lot of grief if I tried this first. Just remember it takes a couple months for this probiotic to work. Just have faith, reduce your stress and also stop any antioxidants momentarily (a recent study showed that antioxidants can suppress treatments to eradicate anaerobic organisms like Blasto). I hope this will help anyone who is going through what I went through. Best wishes.

Top notch

Posted by Reviewer1925941 on Jan 08, 2008

This along with DGL tables helped heal my 5 ulcers in 2 months. I will continue to take 2 a day forever. I really like the way I feel when taking these. I have people at work on these as well which has allowed them to stop taking their little purple pill daily.

Wow!

Posted by Reviewer3165846 on Sep 27, 2008

I don't want to jinx things, but I was using Garden of Life Primal Defense (which I love), and added the Dr. Ohhira's in at night because I had 2 boxes and lo and behold, since the week I started Dr. Ohhira's just once a day, my acne has cleared up, and pore size is improving. It seems to be controlling my overly oily skin which no other topical product has come close to. Really, really like this product. By using both, I think I have an excellent range of probiotic defense coverage, however, I fully credit the improvement in my skin to this product alone. Highly recommend Dr. Ohhira's products to anyone wanting a good probiotic formulation.

Saved my Sanity..

Posted by Reviewer1325920 on May 24, 2007

I found out about this product from my Accupuncturist. I have suffered with a nervous stomach since childhood. Then in the mid-90's had a terrible parasite /stomach infection incident while living in Mexico City. All kinds or Dr.s, tests and RX, nothing helped. This product has been the first to put my system back to normal and I wouldn't go a day without it.

From bladder infections to colds

Posted by Reviewer1064587 on Nov 23, 2007

I have had constant bladder infections for 8 years now. Antibiotics are worthless to me. I am now immune and hate them. I just gave up hope. I stumbled across these pills looking for my Bengal cats to have some good probiotics. Well I have ordered many boxes now. I refuse to be without. I love them. I also get 2-4 colds every single year like clock work. I have yet to get a cold since I take these. The only time i take them is when I feel a hint of a sore throat or my bladder infection and it nips them both right off. I have never even taken the pills more then 2 days in a row, never needed to. My brother and my husband just had very bad colds go through our house. No problem for me. My daughter also gets bad bladder infections. No more after I give her a days worth of pills. I just love these things.