GBP

Now Foods, NAC, 600 mg, 250 Veggie Caps

£15.62
£26.05
Savings of: £10.43 (40% off)

VERY EFFECTIVE FOR ALLERGIES AND STUFFINESS

Posted by Reviewer1105031 on Oct 23, 2009

I started taking this about 6 months ago and I know now that I will take it for the rest of my life. As someone who suffers from allergies to several things, as well as chronically waking up in the morning with fairly restricted nasal passages, I now take one of these capsules (600 mg) as soon as I get up and within about 15 minutes I can breathe much easier. A terrific immune system booster also -- as cysteine is the rate-limiting precursor to glutathione, the body's main fuel for the I.S. The label doesn't say this, but you should also take vitamin C at the same time -- not only for synergistic effect, but to prevent any possibility of kidney stones from long term use. I'd recommend 500 mg with each capsule taken. Like all amino acids, take on an empty stomach with water (ie. 30 minutes before a meal or 2 hours after). I'd also suggest methionine for those who experience high histamine levels.

NAC 600, 250 Vcaps review

Posted by Reviewer1603337 on Nov 23, 2011

This specific product has helped a great deal with the lung issues I have as well as having a positive effect on my Liver. I have Stage 4 Scerosis & Hep 'C', my Liver just wasn't producing all the protiens it is supposed to & after prolonged use (3-4 months)my Liver has started to produce these protiens, and Enzymes it is supposed to now. Thank you for making your product readily available at the LOW PRICES you charge!! Being on Ontario Dissability, my budget is stretched thin ast is, and every $ saved adds up. Sincerely; Satisfied Customer!

Bad combination - too much selenium in this NAC product

Posted by Reviewer2498328 on Mar 04, 2009

I take this for HIV, 3 capsules per day. This adds up to 75 mcg selenium. When taking this in combination with NOW's own Adam men's multi-vitamin, which contains the recommended 200 mcg selenium, one gets 275 mcg selenium. This is excessive. I had my blood selenium level checked, and it was elevated. I chose to continue the Adam multi but stop this NOW NAC . I switched to the Jarrow NAC which doesn't have selenium.

Great stuff

Posted by Reviewer2823540 on Oct 31, 2010

I have been using various supplements to good effect, but Now NAC topped it off for me. I used to have low energy in the morning and hit lows in the late afternoons, but after taking this supplement, my mood has been centered, I feel better, and I look a little healthier. It may have to do with my body blood type in that I do not make enough neurocrine hormones (adrenaline, dopamine, epinephrine, etc.) So, the selenium production/inclusion helps, as well the glutathione production is said to help with the liver healing, and joint mobility and is an antioxidant found in every cell of the body so helps with binding to free radicals inside the cells In conclusion, it is working good for me so far.

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

NAC is known to boost glutathione, one of the most powerful antioxidant produced naturally by the body. NAC is one of the best and cheaper way to boost glutathione as taking glutathione does not work when taken orally since it is too big to absorb through intestine wall. Other than trying to boost your antioxidants level in various parts of the body individually, boosting glutathione is simply easier and better as it can easily cross to various parts of the body and recharges other antioxidants as compared to antioxidants that can only work in specific area. Glutathione also support and boost your immune system, protects our cells from damage from environmental toxic and eliminate carcinogens. Our glutathione declines naturally as we age so the importance of taking NAC gets more important as well. This product comes with the most bioavailable selenium and molybdenum as well. Not that it is bad, I would prefer a product without them so that I can dose accordingly. As for the price, it is quite cheap considering that you are getting 250 vcaps. As for the recommended dosage, 2 caps are reasonable (lasting over 4 months!). More can be taken if needed without being too expensive. The caps are vegetarian, not too big and easy to swallow. Check out my page for more reviews!