New To iHerb?

Bob's Red Mill, Hearty Whole Grain Bread Mix, Gluten Free, 20 oz (567 g)

£ 4.02

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »

Very good whole grain GF bread

Posted by Reviewer1044737 on Feb 01, 2012

It has seeds and a brown bread/rye bread flavor to it. I don't like it as much as the BRM Wonderful GF bread, but only slightly less and it is a good other option. Rye bread flavor comes from the caraway seeds, not rye flour. Freezers fairly well, but I find it crumbles more than the wonderful bread so I toast it after it has been frozen. I usually eat half "fresh" and slice and freeze the other half.

Bob's Red Mill, Gluten Free Hearty Whole Grain Bread Mix, 20 oz

Posted by Reviewer1814858 on Apr 19, 2011

Great tasting. try ground flax seeds instead of eggs. easy to use in bread machine. fast shipping

Too much

Posted by Reviewer1554431 on Feb 21, 2012

I was excited about this gluten free "hearty whole grain bread mix" but when I made it found it to be just too much going on for me. With the cocoa powder and sugars in there and all those grains (I did like the sunflower seeds though) it felt more like a mix between a brownie and bread... it had a strong, dark pumpernickle smell and feel to it. Not bad if that's what you're looking for but I was wanting something more middle of the road, more of a good medium brown bread with some grains in there but not with all that dark cocoa, sesame seeds and the sweet, brownie quality were not for me.

Best GF bread I've had

Posted by Reviewer2780488 on Apr 12, 2012

I've recently been diagnosed with a wheat intolerance and have started going gluten free. I've tried a number of off-the-shelf, and ready-made, and recipes for bread, and by far this has been the best. If I wasn't told, I wouldn't be able to tell that this if GF. The caraway seeds may turn some people off.

so-so

Posted by Reviewer2446553 on Nov 10, 2012

Am not fond of the flavor that comes through on this bread mix. It isn't a flavor I want to eat very often.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »