Desert Essence, Thoroughly Clean Face Wash - Original, Oily & Combination Skin, 32 fl oz (946 ml)

£ 7.23

There are much better products out there.

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

This soap contains all natural ingredients and also uses some different ingredients for this facial wash. It does not contains harsh chemicals such as paraben, phthalate, sodium lauryl sulphate. It’s biodegradable and does not leave behind harmful chemicals in the environment. It does sting the eyes much when it accidently gets into the eyes like when you use conventional soap loaded with many unknown chemical. Despite the other reviews that claim that it is not drying, I find it to be opposite. I have very oily facial skin. My facial skin does dry up when I wash my face frequently. It seems to remove too much facial oil in my case. I will stick to gentler natural soap like Dr Wood. On the positive side, the tea oil did smell nice imo. Check out my page for more reviews!

great for acne prone skin

Posted by Reviewer3020750 From California on May 25, 2009

I have been using this off and on for many years, and when my skin breaks out this is the first thing I run to. I started using it originally when I had a nasty breakout of cystic acne, and after using this, and spot treating w/ DE 100% tea tree oil, I've never had a recurrence of it. I have dry skin, and though I do find this slightly drying if I follow w/ DE daily essential moisturizer it works fine.

Made my face soft, but....

Posted by Reviewer2516828 From Minnesota on Feb 21, 2009

When I first started using this I thought it was great. I wasn't so excited about the tea tree oil smell, and it was a bit runny, but it made my face soft and my skin was less blotchy looking, but after I had used it for about a week my skin broke out on my cheeks, which it has never done before. I am only using for body wash now and it seems to work well. I might try it on my face again to see if the break out was caused by something else.

Works great

Posted by Reviewer1466433 From Minnesota on Oct 30, 2008

I have very sensitive skin and I've been using this for years, really helps prevent break outs but doesn't dry out your skin.

Medicinal smell

Posted by Reviewer2856576 From Armed Forces Africa,Canada,Europe,Middle East on Jan 11, 2011

I use this as a body wash. It keeps my back and chest clear. It does leave a squeaky clean feeling on my skin though, and the smell is not the greatest. It does what it is supposed to do and is decently priced. I'll continue to use this product.