Eden Foods, Selected, Ume Plum Vinegar, 10 fl oz (296 ml)

£ 2.36

Good salt subsitute

Posted by Reviewer2979019 From Utah on Oct 10, 2008

Being the curious type, I ordered this vinegar to try since I had just learned about the wonderful health benefits of Ume Plum. It is high in sodium but if used as a salt substitute it gives the food a subtle but nice flavor. I keep it handy for general seasoning or to sprinkle on salads.

This stuff is divine!

Posted by Reviewer3021202 From District of Columbia on May 28, 2009

Okay, I know it seems a bit much to go gaga over vinegar, but this stuff is the vinegar world's ambrosia. I got addicted to it after purchasing a bottle at Whole Foods, then became distraught when I couldn't find it there anymore. I bought a dozen bottles at iHerb.com, so I should be set for awhile. The best salad dressing I've found is some of this vinegar mixed with Nayonnaise. Vegan heaven on veggies!

Yummy!

Posted by Reviewer2913010 From Arizona on Sep 20, 2009

Great not only for oriental food, but alone for salads, any rice or side dish; beware though is salty, but not unpleasantly so

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer2669042 From Texas on Apr 15, 2010

I use this ume boshi with olive oil for salad dressing. Along with other efforts, this has helped neutralize my pH. I looked all over for this vinegar.

I use this all the time

Posted by Reviewer1830171 From Mississippi on Sep 19, 2008

I like sprinkling this on a salad before I add the other dressings, usually fresh lemon juice, sweetened rice vinegar, sesame seed oil mixed with rice bran oil (to cut cholesterol), and olive oil (also mixed with rice bran oil). Ume plum vinegar is very salty stuff, so a little goes a long way.