GBP

Glass is as thin as very thin fine china

Posted by Reviewer1938320 on Dec 30, 2012

Glass is far to thin to eb used except in the most gentle and delicate situations. It is not worth the money if you are a tea lover like me who avidly uses a cup. The filter has 6 very small and thin slits in it the bottom which clog instantly and allow about a drop of tea per minute to pss through Great design and has pretty curves but it is worthless unless you are sitting at high tea. The glass is so thin it coudl easily crack just placing the filter on it. Turned mine into a guppy fish bowl.

Beautiful while it lasted

Posted by Reviewer3136120 on Jan 17, 2013

Five stars for the idea. One star for the implementation. This teacup makes lovely tea. Beautiful to look at, a joy to use. Unfortunately, along with all the beauty comes fragility. Mine broke. Fortunately, it was empty. I didn't drop it, just accidentally dropped a spoon in it. It was sitting on a soft surface (couch), but it shattered. I'd buy another, but I don't think I'm dainty enough.

Thin & Crystal Shard

Posted by Reviewer2065068 on Jan 24, 2013

I bought this mainly because of the $2.95 sale. Design, 5 stars. Glass & manufacture - zero. The rim of mine had a nice shard come off of it when I gave it its initial washing (glad it wasn't when I was taking my first sip). The glass is so thin I'm sure it will not last long in my house. I'm almost afraid to use it because of this. Only a matter of time before I say ba-bye. I'll look for something a bit more robust.

Love it Love it Love it!

Posted by 4831926757828911584 on Jan 09, 2013

This is the most elegant solution to tea hassle ever: no ugly metallic strainers, no unmanageable ball, no ceramic tea pot can compare! And everybody can have their own, personally infused cup of tea with their own formula to taste! And the lid keeps the warmth of the tea pretty long and well. Also, the elegance of the solution is such that the lid, if reversed, holds the used infuser perfectly, so there is no leakages or tea spots and you don't need an extra dish to hold the infuser when the tea is ready. Sorry for comparison but it's designed like a condom, the top part of the lid accumulates all the residue liquid that can potentially drain from the infuser, so there is no mess. I would disagree with those who say it's too fragile and delicate - I drink a lot of tea and it holds pretty well! Don't have dishwasher though so cannot say whether it will survive there, but looks pretty sturdy to me. I started to create designs in a cup thanks to this wonderful product, put layers of different flowers and herbs and watch them unfold, which is very easy with the transparency of all the layers the glass. Now I enjoy my cup of tea even more than ever before! Thank you Just a Leaf! (their Bergamot tea is also pretty awesome, try it, you won't regret!)

Love this!

Posted by Reviewer3321629 on Jan 01, 2013

Just got mine a couple of days ago, and I'm in love! So much easier than using those metal balls or strainers! Plus, the glass has a nice curved shape that fits perfectly in my hands. I got online to order some more, but they are out of stock unfortunately. Got mine for a great sale price too, but I'd pay the full price for it without question.

Elegant looking and easy to use

Posted by NBPT100 on Jun 27, 2013

I like this tea infuser/cup overall but I will only use it for limited situations. On the plus side this tea cup is very elegant looking and is easy to use and clean. I like the fact that it has a cover to hold in the heat or for when you want to store an unfinished cup for another time. People in previous reviews have complained about the glass being too thin. I will say it is thinner than most glass tea/coffe cups. But, It is not a very big conern to me. If the glass is tempered properly it should be tough enough. Time will tell if this holds to be true. On the other hand being thin and light, it does not sink as much heat out of the hot water as a heaveier cup would. The way this is designed, the tea is infused inside the strainer where it is insulated by a thin layer of hot water surrounding it. It is actually pretty clever. When I make tea with bulk product, I usually make a quart at a time and I use a Mason (ball) jar for the infusion part of it. Especially if it is for medicinal purposes. I will use this tea infuser/cup for a quick and easy cup of tea used for mostly enjoyment. If you can get this tea infuser/cup for around 7 dollars or less, get a couple. Otherwise wait for them to go on sale. Thanks iHerb for your Weekly Specials so I could get this for $2.95. If you found this review helpful, kindly visit my home page to see more reviews. Peace and good health.

Just a Leaaf Organic Tea

Posted by 4761387876473368965 on Oct 07, 2013

I received this tea pot broken into pieces ( inside part ) Could you please send me another one as it was not correctly wrapped in a protecting plastic. Regards

Great love it

Posted by alvinlky on Aug 21, 2013

Nice Tea cup with excellent design. love it.

Excellent

Posted by mighty on Sep 04, 2013

Excellent tea cups, convenience to use and wash.

Pretty; very thin glass

Posted by Reviewer1437738 on Jan 20, 2013

This tea infuser is so pretty it helps me to drink a rather unpleasant medicinal tea daily. The glass is so thin I am terrified of breaking it and don't put it in the dish drain with other dishes. I'm also not sure about being able to put boiling water it so I select the lower setting on my electric kettle. I like the concept but would be happier with the execution if the glass was thicker.