Navitas Naturals, Coconut Sugar, 16 oz (454 g)

£ 2.97

Not Good for me.

Posted by 4613142442863848488 on Jun 09, 2012

Although I have a yeast allergy and I am also wheat, gluten, dairy, soya and corn intolerant, I was told this was suitable for me, so bought it. However, I forgot to say when enquiring about this product that I had candida. So used it and loved it, but it didn't love me. Rang the Company and they told me this particular coconut sugar is not suitable, if you have candida. So a bit of a waste of money for me on my economic budget, I'm afraid to report. However, I know some palm or coconut sugar, whatever you want to call it is suitable for those with Candida, but not this one.

Perfect low glycemic sugar for my baking needs

Posted by Reviewer1880295 From Ohio on Jan 25, 2010

I've recently started using this by making a syrup out of it to use in recipes that call for either honey or agave nectar, and it works beautifully as an alternative to those: 1 1/4 c. palm sugar 1/2 c. water Bring to boil on medium heat stirring to dissolve sugar. Stop stirring and continue to boil for 3 minutes. It will thicken up as it cools.

Nature`s own pure, sweet, delicious "sugar"

Posted by Reviewer2124231 From Norway on Apr 07, 2011

Great taste, very affordable, and much better to use than other sweeteners. Here in Norway this product costs about $37. But thanks to iHerb i can now replace all of my white sugar with this healthier "sugar", without having to think of the cost. Will buy again and again and again and again!! But they should really call this "Coconut Flower Nectar" (or something like that. People are easily scared by the sugar name)

Too good!

Posted by Reviewer3060686 From Norway on Feb 20, 2012

Beware, because this palm sugar is dangerously good! Ok, joking aside I can still say that this beats any other brown /organic sugar I have ever tried. It has replaced honey as my preferred sweetener because of its delicate taste and not to mention the benefit of the minerals etc it contains. Knowing that this is fair-trade and helping families to an income makes it taste even sweeter to me... Try it in your warm cocoa- simply too good !

awesome!

Posted by Reviewer2505410 From Tennessee on Jan 19, 2010

kudos to iherb for carrying palm sugar, wonderfully good in all my baking, etc. Can be used in same ratio as table sugar. Has a glycemic index of only 35 & a lot of nutrient value, especially minerals! I'll be using this as my main sugar substitute from now on.