Now Foods, Magnesium Malate, 1000 mg, 180 Tablets

£ 7.03
Reviews 3-star

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »

One of the best forms of supplemental Mag

Posted by Reviewer1398395 on Sep 07, 2008

Good price, though I wish it came in smaller tablets -- I'd rather take 2 moderately-sized tablets than one giant horse pill. Also, although the calcium carbonate this contains is probably just filler, and has a very small amount of elemental calcium, I still wish it wasn't included at all. I get plenty of calcium in my diet, and more than I really want in my supplements (from various calcium salts, plus my multi).

Good stuff

Posted by Reviewer2218446 on Oct 30, 2008

I've used different formulas of magnesium. I wanted to try the malic version because Malic Acid can chelate aluminum from the body. It's also supposed to increase energy production. Other types of magnesium make the tired, this one doesn't, so it's perfect if taken during the day. I only wish I could get a clean 200 mg elemental magnesium per pill.

unsure if this is effective at 2 a day

Posted by Reviewer1602129 on Sep 01, 2011

I have compared this product with NOW magnesium caps(400 mg) and with Natural Vitality Natural Calm magnesium drink, and it does not seem to have an effect at 2 tabs a day. Possibly at a higher dosage it would, but I am comparing the three to find the most cost effective solution. I need to take this for benign tremors.

pretty good but some down sides

Posted by Reviewer2190469 on Nov 03, 2010

it's good value and one of the better forms of mag, altho at 3 servings a day I got loose stools. 1 serving a day is the max my body can take. If you've got a sensitive GI tract you're probably better off with mag oil or mag glycinate

Does The Job!

Posted by Reviewer2344314 on Nov 18, 2010

No frills, good product. If you have trouble swallowing a fairly large tablet, look elsewhere.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »