GBP

£9.45

£9.76

Savings of: £0.31 (3% off)

Great source of unsweetened protein - Great for cooking - Unique & Beneficial Amino Acids not Usually in our Diets

Posted by Reviewer1363702 on Aug 13, 2014

As the title of my review states - the amino acids in this are not as common in our diets, since we started shunning the cartilage and 'odd' cuts of meats, in favor of pure muscle meat. Much of an animal is not muscle meat - and we benefit from the different amino acids in those 'other' parts. Research Proline, Glutamine, and Glycine (which this powder is high in) if you're interested. These amino acids aren't considered essential, but are very beneficial, especially for people with bowel disorders (in the case of glutamine). This powder can add nutrition and body to vegetable and meat broths, or become homemade low-sugar jello, gelatin candies, chocolate mousse, or a nutritious boost to your smoothies. Learn to use it and let it 'bloom' before adding it to recipes, though, for best results (hit the google machine!) Such a versatile ingredient that I always make sure I have in my kitchen. Unlike knox, this is beef-based and not pork-based, which is important to me. It's much cheaper here on Iherb than the lower-quality kind available in grocery stores. Very popular with Primal/Paleo people, too. Packaging, quality, and shipping speed were great!

My knees are healed !!!!

Posted by Reviewer1756096 on Oct 28, 2015

After x-ray and MR (magnetic resonans imaging) the doctors said it was nothing to do With my knees, I had to live With the pain (I had no more cartilage left) Very painful going downstairs or jogging f ex. I take 1 spoon every day in yoghurt or juice/shake, etc.

Really great gelatin supplement!!

Posted by Reviewer2827646 on Apr 06, 2009

I have been only taking it for two weeks and I noticed a difference in my hair and nails. My joints aren't as stiff.

Easy to use

Posted by Reviewer3029279 on Nov 15, 2007

The powder is so much more cost effective than the capsules. We put it in juice and hot cereal and it works great!

Just Simply What It Is

Posted by Reviewer1178605 on Jul 28, 2012

I like this better than the collagen powder products. I just add it to water and gulp it down. Just be aware that it doesn't dissolve very well, so if you have trouble swallowing you might want to look for another option.

Great powder, dissolves well.

Posted by Reviewer2498510 on Oct 17, 2011

I use this powder to make homemade jelly/gello without the nasties you get in the boxed stuff from the supermarket. I also use it to add to my homemade yogurt to thicken it up, plus in my daughters' homemade baby formula. Lots of uses!

Beef Gelatin

Posted by Reviewer2869993 on Sep 06, 2011

Dissolves easily when heated. I use it alot to sneak in some extra proteins in my diet. And hopefully I'll feel a difference in my joints some time soon too.

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer1773360 on Apr 20, 2011

A great product - no offensive smell or unpleasant taste. Will be ordering again

Good Protein Product

Posted by Reviewer1181017 on May 13, 2011

Good high protein in a low dose...Nice for tube feeding for my needs

Love it

Posted by 5303540637256700756 on Jun 25, 2015

I add two tablespoons to one cup of coffee in the morning. I also use it in savory sauces to give it a "thicker" flavor since I don't use flour