Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials

Planetary Herbals, Old Indian Wild Cherry Bark Syrup, 4 fl oz (118.28 ml)

£ 3.71

Old Indian Wild Cherry Bark Syrup

10 peope found the following review helpful

Posted by Reviewer3290989 on Jan 22, 2007

I must say, one of the best products ever to ward off colds, allergies,and clear congestion. I used to get spring colds, which I later thought might be allergies. It cleansed bronchials and sinus. Refreshing. If I feel congested or sinus problem coming on, I take until symtons clear up, which usually takes only a few application. Please don't stop making it!

Michael Salaka Marin

6 peope found the following review helpful

Posted by Reviewer2799110 on Jul 31, 2008

This is an outstanding combination of lung herbs, yet the high amount of alcohol (25%) makes it tough for those sensitive to alcohol. I let the formula sit in hot water for a few minutes to let some of the alcohol evaporate, yet would prefer a non-alcohol alternative.

it works!

5 peope found the following review helpful

Posted by Reviewer2610103 on Feb 21, 2008

I am getting over the flu and have bad bronchitis, so I thought I'd give this a try. Just like any medicine that works, this stuff doesn't taste good at all LOL! After taking it you feel warmth in your chest which I like. I find I have to take it with food because on an empty stomach the menthol/alcohol upset my tummy a bit, but to be fair, I have a sensitive tummy. It seems to be helping me cough up the phelgm, which in turn helps the cough ease up afterwards. You cannot go wrong with the price. I think everyone should have a bottle of this on hand.

Good stuff, but a few concerns

5 peope found the following review helpful

Posted by Reviewer3132785 on Jan 07, 2009

This is good stuff and I found it pretty effective for the beginning of a cough, but I have a few concerns/questions/observations: 1. Price/Performance: It is suggested that adults take 1 tablespoon every 2 hours as needed. With only 7 servings in 1 bottle, you could easily finish off a bottle in a day. 2. Suggested dosage: Although 1 tablespoon is suggested for adults, I found that dose overpowering, and it actually caused a bout of diarrhea. I found the children's dose of 1 teaspoon quite enough. (Note that this would tend to negate the criticism in (1). 3. Name/Purpose/Label: The name suggests to me that this is a cough syrup. But cough isn't actually mentioned anywhere on the label. But "support for seasonal health", presumably a euphemism for cold prevention/treatment in winter, is. If you're actually supposed to be taking this all through the year, my price concerns in (1) are strengthened. 4. Taste: I really like the taste, but my daughters hated it. For me, pine is by far the dominant note.

Relief

3 peope found the following review helpful

Posted by Reviewer2173274 on Oct 17, 2007

I gave this with elderberry syrup to our six children. All had colds with coughs that were horrible and continuous! I gave it every hour and w/in 4hrs they were only coughing every 30mins or so. Am stocking up for this winter!