GBP

£3.00

£3.53

Savings of: £0.53 (15% off)

• Customers who live in Japan are only allowed to order up to 5 kg of the above product 1 month per household, which equals to about 14 bags per month.

• Customer Ratings

Great Price

Posted by Reviewer1581364 on Mar 17, 2012

I've been using Kelp noodles for a while since I've turned to a raw food diet. I make raw Pad Thai and Pesto mainly and I'm happy with this product. I couldn't have it too often though because I used to pay up to AUD$10.50 per pack in Australia! Thanks iHerb for the great price. Tip: you need to wash and rinse them when you get them out of the pack. Then soak them in water with lemon juice and some tamari/nama shoyu or Braggs liquid aminos for approx 3 hours to soften them, or else they are too crunchy and nothing like a noodle. You can then rinse them if you like, to get rid of those flavours if they don't go with your dish. The people who don't like them just don't know how to prepare them, because they taste exactly like any other noodles when prepared as above. They should really have instructions on the packet!

Soak

Posted by Reviewer3236571 on Aug 07, 2011

I really like these noodles, but there are two things to note: They are made from kelp, which is great for most of us. However, those with hyPERthyroidism and those with Hashimoto's may notice side effects if you eat the whole package at once (like I do). The other thing to note is that letting these cook for a few minutes or sit in your sauce for 20 minutes or more will soften them; before doing so, they're on the crunchy side.

So yummy!

Posted by Reviewer2874534 on Jan 29, 2015

I could not be happier with these noodles. They make a delightful addition to stir fry. I rinse well, then soak in a brine of water with salt and lemon juice. When ready to use (I can get about 3 servings out of a package), I heat the noodles up with some coconut aminos or add right into a stir fry. Leftover noodles store indefinitely in the fridge in the aforementioned brine. Zucchini noodles are great for Italian dishes, but for Asian, these noodles cannot be beat! If this review has helped you make a more informed choice, please hit "yes" below!

KELP NOODLES

Posted by Reviewer2615008 on Oct 19, 2011

Love them! Others have suggested soaking them in lemon juice to soften but I think that makes them taste like a bowl of lemons as they have no flavor on their own. I recommend simmering them in water with some herbs for about 15 minutes while preparing the rest of the recipe. I will definitely continue to order Kelp Noodles!

Amazing

Posted by Reviewer1299053 on Oct 19, 2011

These are delicious, heard some complaints about the crunchiness, but I soaked in water with cider vinegar for 30 minutes and this gave them a great texture, I love these noodles.

Awesome!

Posted by rawfoodie82 on Jun 28, 2012

My favorite product of all time. So great with a cashew cream, or peanut/satay dressing with fresh vegetables :)

Great for Asian dishes and salads

Posted by Reviewer2917570 on Jul 21, 2012

I use these in my sea vegetable salad. Combine with sliced cucumber, dulce, dried cranberries, sliced mandarin oranges, sea salt to taste and some asian sesame salad dressing. Makes a great light dinner. These noodles don't have any taste, but blend wonderfully with other flavors of a dish. They are soft, yet crunchy on the inside. Very different and a great way to add something new to your diet.

Unbelievable good!

Posted by Reviewer2726947 on Nov 27, 2011

Despite the hype for these among the raw community, I really wasn't expecting much! But we loved these - some of my family is of Asian descent and are very used to all varieties of noodles. I purchased them for the 'raw vegan' reason, but found that everyone loved them. You'll need to toss them in a bit of warm (or boiling water if you're not doing raw) with lemon juice to soften them up but they're really great, mild & excellent with any sauce (raw or cooked) - no seaweed taste or anything. I love it in place of vermicelli for a Raw Vegan Vietnamese Mint Salad with fresh mango, mint, almonds, lime and chilli.

Yum and healthy!

Posted by Reviewer2627454 on Oct 22, 2011

These noodles go perfect with tomato marinara sauce, veggies and added spices. I love the crunch! You can make up so many meal ideas with this, works great in raw veggie salads and soups. Would definitely buy again.

Great lowcarb alternative

Posted by Reviewer2688267 on Jul 31, 2012

No fishy smell when you open the bag, like Shirataki-noodles. They are a bit rubbery, so you need to let them simmer in a sauce for a few minutes to get the right texture. Just like glass-noodles.