black seed oil

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 27 2012 | Verified Purchase

I think this tastes like turpentine. I can manage to drink it in tea with a bit of stevia. I have yet to determine if it's effective for anything. However unexplainably, I did have a swollen knee (like water over the knee) and the right lymph gland under my chin swell following about 5 days use. No other symptoms of illness of any sort, the knee and gland stayed swollen for 3 days, again not sick at all. I suspect black seed oil maybe helped my immune system fight some sort of infection and thats only a personal assumption. I make no medical claims here at all. I found a helpful article at amazing herbs called "ARTICLE: Black Seed Oil - Current Research". you can google it. starts out with..."Recently scientists around the world have confirmed the anti-bacterial and anti-mycotic effects of black seed oil. " I am going to continue to test this out another week.

No visible effects

Posted by TriedandTested on September 25 2016 | Verified Purchase

Have been taken 2 teaspoons of this daily for 2 months, but I have yet to experience any positive effects.

Unsure, dislike the smell

Posted by ChisaHolly on November 29 2014 | Verified Purchase

I did have high hopes when I decided to buy this, after reading on it online. I bought it mainly for eczema issues (red bumps with liquid), maybe it works better for dry type of eczema?! Anyway, I did try a few times on my skin, it did have a very slight burning feeling but it goes away quickly. Not sure if it helps, I felt I am getting more tiny goosebump type bumps, not sure if it is related, so I stopped using it on my skin. I tried one teaspoon once. The smell is horrible, like petrol. But it does goes away after awhile. I am unsure if I will buy again. I now used it on my face sometimes, and my ears which are having weepy eczema issues. I do not use it on my body now.

OK product

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 20 2011 | Verified Purchase

I used this product on my skin. It made my skin feel smooth and moisturized.

Taste is too much for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 19 2017 | Verified Purchase

Kudos to whomever can stand the taste. Probably better off with the veggie caps. "Cures everything except death"? We taste death only once, but this you gotta taste everyday!

Jane Courter

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 22 2016 | Verified Purchase

not sure how i feel about this one.....have experienced some burning in the gut....but reading about it's value i will continue with it.....i find it easier on a full stomach.....

Not The Same

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 8 2018 | Verified Purchase

Been using for a while and I really liked. Don't know if they changed they way they processed or not, but the taste in this latest bottle was flat like olive oil. No strong odor, no kick. I wrote the company to see if they changed the way they processed and they never responded. I take that as my answer, and I will not be purchasing again.

Product is great, but seal was broken.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 17 2014 | Verified Purchase

I love BSO, but I am going to buy the capsules from now on. Every time I buy it, the seal is broken - I'm guessing because it's a thick oil. I encourage everyone to try BSO!

My jury is still out

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 9 2018 | Verified Purchase

I really haven't been taking it long enough or fast enough for a fair evaluation. I introduced 1/2 tsp and felt a detox. I came back a week later and it was similiar. I'm not sure yet if it is compatible with me yet.

doesn't taste good

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 5 2016 | Verified Purchase

Don't really like the taste. But for health reason, it's acceptable.

1 2