Very sweet, great quality product...

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 17 2010 | Verified Purchase

Great product quality. My wife, who I ordered it for, didn't care for it that much. I thought it was very good. Personal preference. It has a "molasses-like" taste to it. If you want a sweetener that has a more "neutral" flavor, you might want to try the Agave syrup. The Yacon works great in things where you might normally use brown sugar, like oatmeal, etc.

Very good, but slightly expensive

Posted by greenisthenewblack on March 7 2011 | Verified Purchase

Good taste, but I haven't tried other yacon products, so I have nothing to compare it with. The downside with this product is that it takes quite a bit to sweeten chocolate/baked goods, and so it doesn't last as long as I had hoped for. That makes it too expensive for everyday use, but I will order again to use in chocolate.

yacon syrup

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 21 2008 | Verified Purchase

fyi too much yacon will turn a light colored concoction green.

good taste

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 2 2014 | Verified Purchase

good taste but it does nothing for the appetite or the weight loss

Best tasting yacon syrup

Posted by lipslife on April 14 2012 | Verified Purchase

Not a bad sweetener. Doesn't affect blodsugar that much. Very sweet and caramel like flavour.

Organic Yacon Syrup

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 14 2011 | Verified Purchase

A must when you make sugar free Snickers-chocolate!!! And caramel cake... And coconut ice-cream.. And so much more!!! :)

Like it

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 29 2010 | Verified Purchase

I personally dont really like the taste of it just like it is, and not in my tea either. But it gives a really pleasent sweet taste when used in foods/beverages with a more dominant flavour. But my mom loves it right from the bottle! hahaha

Best Yacon Brand

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 28 2010 | Verified Purchase

I use yacon syrup on my oatmeal b/c of its low-glycemic index. It's a short time to get used to the taste; certainly better tasting than molasses, though similar in texture. I've used yacon since 2007 and this brand is the best quality I've found, and iHerb.com offers it at a good price. The brand's 2010 jar/label change confused me initially, and the product seems to have a slightly less thick texture than prior.

Yacon syrup

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 31 2008 | Verified Purchase

Was great to sweeten my coffee. Better than sugar. Never tried it in anything else, but looks just like molasses.

Great taste!