Use with Butter

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 25, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I bought this to be used with Bob's Red Mill 7-Grain Pancake/Waffle mix. At first, I added the maple syrup on its own to the waffles and it was runny and tasted strong. It didn't leave a great impression on me, in comparison to the syrups I have had at waffle/pancake houses. Today I used it again drizzled over salted butter and waffles, and the difference was tremendous. It tasted like caramel with a tinge of that strong maple flavour! The butter brought the best out of the syrup, so do try them together! The texture got a little thicker when the butter melted and mixed into it.

Store it in the fridge!

Posted by Folkert on Apr 09, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Being a first time buyer of maple syrup and being used to honey and sugar based syrups, I did not store the maple syrup in the fridge (as it states on the bottle. Didn't read the instructions either...). Big mistake. Unlike honey you get mold very quickly. So store this product properly in the refrigerator. As for the product itself, it's a more fluid than expected, something that happened to us all in the family and resulted in pouring more syrup on the pancake than needed. Otherwise a very good taste and would buy again. 4 stars.

Not bad.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 15, 2012 | Verified Purchase

It is more liquid than I expect. Was expecting it to be thicker consistency. It also taste like Gula Melaka (Brown Coconut Sugar) in Singapore. I eat this w lemon juice mixed with water.

buen substituto del azúcar

Posted by AnnaAF on Sep 10, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Buen producto que funciona bien como substituto del azúcar en pasteles.