Helped My Infant Son & Has Potential to Help Autistic Children

Posted by Expat American in PH on Mar 20, 2017 | Verified Purchase

When my first son was not even 1 year old, he had already 2 rounds of antibiotics. First time was when he was born & second was given by his pedia for a sore throat. Both times I was worried about his body & the effects that the antibiotics had on him & I knew I needed something to help balance the flora in his body. Prior to giving this to him, he started to show signs of autism (from being an active, smiling little boy to not wanting to look you in the eye - from trying to talk to not really saying anything). After searching & reading, I found that there is a connection between the gut & the brain. That some bacteria can take over & harm the ability of the brain to do what it needs to do. I settled on this along with some other probiotics to help reestablish the good bacteria in his stomach. Starting with 1 capsule a day, I opened it & poured it into some grape juice for him to drink for 2 weeks straight. Then I stopped for 1 week before returning for 1 week more. Within about a month my son showed an improvement (not to say that his feces were awful which showed a sign of bad bacteria die off - black & evil smell but after 1 month it went away showing that we had rid him of whatever had taken over). Family & friends commented on the change they saw in him (making eye contact again & started to attempt to talk) & I'm thankful I used this because it's "pro" & some are looking into how some "antibiotics" can help autistic children. My suggestion is to use helpful bacteria & other things to help the body fight whatever shouldn't be there, not killing everything with bad medicine (think of it as war - if you can send in the right army to take over & wipe out the enemy while leaving everything intact, then you win but if you destroy everything, then you are left with ruins to rebuild which can take time). From time to time when I think he is having issue, I given him a capsule in juice for a week to two weeks. Just don't let the juice with this to sit out for too long as it starts to ferment the drink & some don't like the taste after (I usually end up drinking it & find it acceptable). Best to give immediately or put it in the fridge for up to 2 hours to help slow the fermentation. I'm curious to try this in bread & I've read some use it like other S. yeast. If anyone has been on any antibiotics, I highly suggest this to help kill off the bad bacteria & help reestablish the good bacteria before too much damage is done! Just beware of the smell for up to 1 month... :)

Hard To Find Probiotic

Posted by Krisinsight on Apr 21, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Many probiotics do not contain the S. Boulardii and it is most helpful in healing an unhealthy gut. Even if you take a probiotic adding S.Boulardii is recommended by many health professionals.

Wonderful!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 25, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have tried many types of probiotics, this is definately my favorite, and will stick with it.I also like the Jarrow products. They never have disapointed me. Recomended by my doctor.

Excellent Prodcut

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 23, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This prodcut is excellent at creating the ideal yeast environment inside your digestive system. I take 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening.

Excellent product

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 02, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This is, I believe, the best probiotic for the colon. I researched it. Later my Gastrointerologist confirmed that it is. I keep my in frig though I understand that isn't necessary. I would not order it in extremely hot weather. iHerb's price, as always, is so much more reasonable than other sources.

Florastor was more effective for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 13, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This probiotic was OK, but I got much better results from the (unfortunately) more expensive Florastor brand.

Excellent support whilst on antibiotics

Posted by RedYetiDave on Mar 21, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Since this is a yeast (don't worry it won't "give you" Candida - that's a different kind of yeast!) it's not affected by antibiotics. So you can get all the probiotic benefits whilst taking a course.

Excellent S. Boulardii Brand

Posted by MyQuinStory on Oct 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have had severe digestive issues since having a bad reaction to a fluorquinolone antibiotic several years back. S. Boulardii helps guard against C. Diff and candida expansion.

Jarrow Formulas Saccharomyces Boulardii + MOS, 90 Veggie Caps

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 01, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have tried other similar products that don't contain the Saccharomyces Boulardii + MOS ingrediant. They did not work for me. Jarrow Formulas probiotic does a good job - I noticed the difference when using an alternative product while waiting for these caps to arrive.

Wonderful Tummy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 30, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Still using this product after being recommended by my daughter after a severe bout with my digestive system back in June. Love the speedy delivery also and no extra cost for shipping.