Pretty good fluoride-free toothpaste, but contains SLS and glycerin.

Posted by Leione on Apr 23, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This propolis and myrrh toothpaste is suitable for people suffering from acid reflux, heartburn and gastritis, because it doesn't contain mint which may aggravate these conditions. Unlike many other toothpastes, this one is free of fluoride, parabens, propylene glycol, PEGs, saccharin and other synthetic additives, preservatives, artificial sweeteners, colors or harsh abrasives, but it does contain sodium lauryl sulfate. Even though SLS is not a dangerous and toxic carcinogen or endocrine disruptor, it's a potential skin, eye and lung irritant and may cause allergy in some individuals. Glycerin is a safe ingredient but sometimes may interfere with the remineralization of the tooth enamel. All the other ingredients are great, though: calcium carbonate gently cleans the teeth without damaging the enamel, xylitol, fennel oil and myrrh resin and propolis extracts prevent and reduce plaque and tartar build-up by killing harmful tooth decay-causing bacteria and stimulating the growth of tooth-protective, non-acidic bacteria, remove stains, strengthen the enamel, help prevent caries, relieve the symptoms of gingivitis and parodontosis, heal sore gums, reduce redness and inflammation, fight halitosis and prom ote fresh breath, carrageenan (natural, not its degraded and chemically processed variety, poligeenan) is a thickener made from seaweed. Overall, it's a pretty good toothpaste, and unlike mint toothpastes, it doesn't provoke my acid reflux or irritate my stomach lining, but it would be much better without SLS and glycerin.

Nice alternative to mint

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 01, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I love this toothpaste. I felt clean and I liked the alternative smell to mint.

VERY REFRESHING

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 18, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Makes your mouth fresh and, like all Tom's products does a good job of cleaning.

first time to use this product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 27, 2013 | Verified Purchase

so far so good

Best Toothpaste

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 17, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I love this toothpaste - I have been using it for many years but was very disappointed when I discovered it was no longer available in the UK. I used to find it in pharmacies and health food shops but it is no longer stocked. I looked on Tom's of Maine Website in the US and it is not featured there either, so maybe they have stopped making it. A great shame, and if true, I hope they may reconsider as it is one of the best toothpastes for those of us who find fennel flavour a refreshing change from the bog standard mint.

Great toothpaste

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 20, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Since discovering this toothpaste, none other will do. The taste is great, and my mouth feels fresh and very clean after using. it. It is a pity that it is no longer available here in the U.K. but iHerb have come to my rescue thank goodness.

Toms of Maine toothpaste

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 15, 2017 | Verified Purchase

great product and service thank you.

Satisfied Customer

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 29, 2017 | Verified Purchase

The price was very competitive and received product within delivery period. Will use iHerb again.

an excellent product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 06, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I have used this for nearly 30 years, but it is not obtainable in the UK now, so I am very delighted to have this from you and your service was excellent. Thank you.

My teeth feel clean.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 24, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I love how clean my teeth feel after brushing. And I love not having any additives that make me sick. Toms toothpaste- you cannot go wrong. I like the flavor. I think I am tired of the standard mint taste after all these years, and this is just right for me.

1 2 3