GBP

This is ok but........

Posted by NBPT100 on Feb 06, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Echinacea is an immune system stimulant(not a tonic) and is antiivirial and anti bacterial. However it's effectiveness is over blown by the commercial supplement industry. It is effective right at the onset of a cold or flu. You do need to take it frequently at the onset. Take one full dropper every hour or two. Research shows it is more effective in children than in adults. I struggled to give this a 3 star review, as it is lacking the key ingredient to be most effective. This product is made from the purpurea species of echinacea. The more effective species against infection is the angustifolia species. Look for tinctures that are made from the angustifolia strain to get the best results. Unfortunately it is harder to find the angustifolia strain as the purpurea is easier to grow. To learn more about echinacea I would recommend you read Stephen Harrod Buhner "Herbal Antibiotics". He is a brilliant herbal researcher and cites his work very well. I really like the Herb Pharm brand but I think they missed a good opportunity here to make the best echinacea product. If this is all you have use it. It will likely have some effect but you are not using the better echinacea product. If you liked this review please click on the YES button and visit my iHerb home page for more value added reviews.

Excellent Quality

Posted by Reviewer2419707 on Nov 04, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Excellent organic Echinacea; grown on their own farm; organic alcohol!

I've tried the others ...

Posted by Reviewer2182248 on Sep 29, 2008 | Verified Purchase

The other brands don't compare. I think this one is the best in quality and purity. Also, the taste doesn't make me gag.

Works Great

Posted by Reviewer1625364 on Sep 05, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I use this for my children when I see signs of a cold and it cuts it very quickly.

The only one works for me

Posted by gabemom on May 26, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I've tried many brands of liquid echinacea, so far only this one works really fast and effectively keeping the cold/sinus away..

Very effective for fighting off colds and the flu

Posted by Reviewer1177813 on Jan 22, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I use this especially during the winter when I feel the first symptoms of a cold or flu coming along (sore throat, chills). So far I have not gotten a cold or flu this season even though I've been around people who were sick. You can either take it with a little water or put a small amount under your tongue for a couple minutes. It stings a little bit but I find it's more effective this way. The smell and taste is fine, better than other brands of echinacea I've tasted!

Echinacea

Posted by Reviewer1736908 on Oct 29, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This is superior quality tincture. Ed has been making tinctures since the 70's, grows many of the herbs organically and travels the world to find good quality herbs to wildcraft.

the best

Posted by Reviewer3100208 on Aug 04, 2010 | Verified Purchase

been taking super e a long time, feel a cold coming on and it really slows it down. first thing i grab when feeling ill.

Posted by Reviewer2450784 on Jun 21, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I like it!

A must have!

Posted by Reviewer1675281 on Sep 28, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I always keep Echinacea in the medicine cabinet for the cold and flu season. It works great when you feel something coming on and catch it early.

1 2 3