GBP

Iron without the agony

Posted by Reviewer1775098 on Jun 28, 2009 | Verified Purchase

After being diagnosed borderline-anemic, I tried taking the iron supplement the doctor recommended. My body totally rejected it. It was awful. A co-worker told me about this product, which she took when she was pregnant. I tried it. It worked. Two tablets a day until my levels were back to normal, now I take one a day. My doctor knew the test results, and was willing to write me a letter, so I can now get reimbursed for this through my pre-tax medical spending account.

A Life Saver

Posted by Reviewer1245459 on Feb 20, 2009 | Verified Purchase

With my history of anemia and a difficult time getting my body to actually ABSORB iron, this combination has changed my life, seriously. I finally found something that has given me back my energy!!

Energy!

Posted by Reviewer2653254 on Oct 28, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I'm surprised because I've taken vitamins for many years and never felt a real energy boost, even from dessicated liver. This stuff is different--it puts the go in your get-up.

Anemia Cause by Heavy Periods a Thing of the PAST!!!

Posted by 5630121873117602769 on Nov 29, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I will attempt to make this a short review and get straight to the point. I've battled with anemia since the age of 16 and now I'm 30. I've tried iron pills (and liquid) both prescribed and over the counter to no avail. I've also tried Floradix off and on with no real measurable results. Fast forward to now!!! Check the before and after: 9/15/2014--CBC White Blood Count---4.9 Red Blood Count-----3.55L Hemoglobin----------8.0L Hematocrit----------26.0L MCV-----------------73.2L MCH-----------------22.4L MCHC----------------30.7L RDW-----------------16.7H 11/29/2014---CBC White Blood Count---4.9 Red Blood Count-----4.26 Hemoglobin----------11.2L (went up 3 points!!!!) Hematocrit----------34.8L (went up 8 points!!!!) MCV-----------------81.8 MCH-----------------26.4L MCHC----------------32.3 RDW-----------------24.3H My doctor wanted to prescribe me some glorified multivitamin that contained iron to boost my blood. But at $50 for a one month prescription, I decided to continue on the more natural route. I received the MegaFood Blood Builder Tablets from Iherb.com on 10/09/2014 and started taking them immediately. I take 1 in the AM and 1 in the PM. I also take 1--1,000mg vitamin c tablet with each dosage of the Blood Builder to allow the iron to better absorb. I am a vegetarian who does eat dairy on occasion. I make sure not to consume any dairy before or after 2hrs since calcium blocks absorption. I also do not consume tea during that time either. I am so thrilled with this product and the amazing impact it has had on my life in such a short time. If you have anemia please consider ordering this product.

When I'm at home, I eat ice like a chain smoker smokes....

Posted by Reviewer1661051 on Sep 16, 2010 | Verified Purchase

When I'm at home, I eat ice like a chain smoker smokes.... up until about a week ago!! 1 week after starting the daily Blood Builder supplement, my ice cravings our gone! Even when I'm in the freezer for actual food, seeing the ice has no effect on me (you ice addicts know what I'm talking about). Not too sure about my energy levels, because it has only been 2 weeks. But I KNOW that something's working! Oh, and these pills havent made me feel sick or anything, like the dozens of iron pills I've tried in the past. Thanks!

Doesn't make me nauseous

Posted by Reviewer2135615 on Mar 22, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Since my iron level is low (not anemic), my doctor advised iron supplements. But they make me nauseous, except for this brand. I suppose it's because it's food based, but I can take it at any time of day with no problem.

Noticeable difference

Posted by Reviewer1105464 on Mar 12, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have been diagnosed with low iron level, and it was so low that at one point, the doctor tested me for Thalassemia - which I was negative. I took iron supplements sometimes, but was advised that it is not a supplement that could be taken continuously. I have started on Blood Builder for about 3 weeks now, one tablet/day. I no longer feel dizzy after I get up from kneeling or squatting or just bending down to pick up something. It is absolutely amazing. Highly recommended.

BEST IRON SUPPLEMENT!

Posted by 5081564651949279485 on Sep 18, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have been taking this brand for a few months now and this was a re-order. They have dramatically improved my energy levels, and I just feel I have more "stamina" overall. I have been anemic for some time and I love how easy these are on the stomach and there is no bad taste to them! Highly recommend!

Good Stuff!

Posted by Reviewer1282693 on Jul 25, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This product actually works! I have tried the gamut of iron products and none of them raised my iron level even one point. This raised my iron level over 30 points in just two months.

Misleading label. Contains synthetic vitamins and minerals, including folic acid

Posted by Reviewer2572754 on Mar 11, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I was very disappointed and disturbed to find out that this brand, which I have been using consistently for years, is not what I thought it was. I thought their "food state nutrients" were made wholly from food sources, as the list of ingredients would suggest. It was only by chance I read someone else's review of MegaFood Vit C. That reviewer stated that they called MegaFood and discovered that it was ascorbic acid mixed in with orange peel. That alerted me and so I emailed to inquire about the "folate." Many people have discovered that synthetic folic acid that is not in the methyl form is toxic for them, which is the case for me, so I have been avoiding it (so I thought) for a couple years. I was under the impression that if a label says "folate" it is safe. Sadly I was mistaken. Here was the reply I received from MegaFood: "The folate in these products are delivered in broccoli, which does have folate naturally occurring, however we do integrate additional folic acid into the broccoli to reach the potency we need..." I am writing this review in the hopes of saving other people from the bad effects of unknowingly ingesting synthetic folic acid, and to warn people that the MegaFood labels are misleading.