GBP

Works!

Posted by Reviewer3046934 on Sep 23, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I studied tons of Melatonin, looking for Timed Release, as well as the 3mg dosage, and then also without horrible fillers and junk. Decided on the Natrol. It's ingredient list wasn't too objectionable to me...as some had filler ingredients that I try to stay away from. First, you should study up on Melatonin. It's not just for sleeping. It's an immune system and inflammation regulator amongst many things. Some doctors reports I read say they have treated and eliminated autoimmune disease in their practices with it.... Anyway, 3 mg is considered the max dose and the dose I wanted to try. If you get headaches or depression, then you need to drop to 2 or 1 mg. But 3mg has been perfect for me. Knocks me out and I am sleeping ALL night. Oddly, I go to sleep on my back and wake up on my back...never moving. I also don't remember dreams, which I miss.... Melatonin is apparently known for making you dream crazy dreams but I am sleeping so hard I don't remember any dreams at all. Also, I used to get up 2-3 times at night to urinate. Now, the melatonin makes me sleep through the full bladder....and so I awake with a really full bladder... but at least I am sleeping and can tell a difference in my energy level during the day. Timed release is key.... Also, be careful, the first night I took it, I did get up to the bathroom and was so woosy I nearly fell over. It wasn't a drunk feeling; it was an equilibrium feeling... I do take it right before lying down though, because if you take it earlier and it hits before you are in bed, it makes my eyes so heavy and tired, it's like a headache. So I'd rather take it and immediately get in bed and let it hit me there.

The best time-release melatonin I've tried

Posted by Reviewer1325246 on Apr 05, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This really does seem to be released over 8 hours, as the packaging states. I can recommend this for people who find that ordinary melatonin gets them to sleep, but they may still wake up before they would like to.

Helps a lot!

Posted by Reviewer2310326 on Sep 06, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have terrible insomnia by means of waking up in the middle of the night. Most of the time this keeps me asleep till at least 6:30. I don't feel as sluggish or drowsy in the morning as with other products. Highly recommed this one.

Good night's sleep

Posted by Reviewer2035873 on Mar 28, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Well I have only used 4 times in the 3 weeks since I bought it, and so far it has worked well. I noticed that dimming the lights and relaxing an hour before sleep drastically improves the full 8 hour dose without interruption. It worked well. No weird feeling in the am, just woke up feeling refreshed and awake. Not groggy and worn out when I toss around on those nights I can't seem to get tired enough to just sleep all the way through. Will continue to use on an as needed basis. A+

I'm not disappointed, i'm angry!

Posted by Reviewer3240331 on Oct 19, 2013 | Verified Purchase

i suffer from waking up early in the morning and having a hard time going back to sleep. i bought this product because of all its good review i read here, and tried it for the first time last night. to say that i'm disappointed will be an understatement. THE PRODUCT KEPT ME UP ALL NIGHT!! instead of just "not helping" my problem it made it worse! if i could return this to iherb i would. i really don't know why this happened. i really have no trouble falling asleep but last night i just couldn't. it was horrible. beware.

No more troble with sleeping

Posted by 5024045537035886640 on Mar 16, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I take it every night, and I 20-30 minutes I fall a sleep like a baby. No more rolling on bed.

Useless

Posted by 5009357190846093482 on Jul 07, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Being a normal dose slow release supplement suppose the aim of this is to keep you asleep once you do manage to get to sleep. If you do, that is, because this pill does not help you fall asleep at all. I overlooked that it contains Vit B aswell. That wakes me up! Who's bright idea was this? Avoid.

FINNALLY I CAN SLEEP

Posted by Reviewer1186427 on Jun 04, 2012 | Verified Purchase

TAKE THIS ALONG WITH TYPE 2 COLLAGEN IF YOU HAVE A HARD TIME FALLING ASLEEP AND STAYING ASLEEP IT WORKS.

good

Posted by BG-Kazanlak on Aug 15, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Very good product and a good price.

Problems sleeping

Posted by Reviewer2625097 on Feb 04, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Have been using this product for a week now and I can say it worked from day 1. The slow release helps a lot, particularly when you wake up in the middle of the night...before you know it, you've dropped off again. Have not had any drowsy or heavy head symptoms in the morning either. I take it about 1 hour before bed time with a malt drink.