Help

Use GABA For Sleep!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 02, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I am a life long insomniac and nothing works for me except as a spot type solution. I have the 'can't turn off my mind' thing. The brand I was using sent a bad batch, so I tried the NOW brand. The quality is much better and cheaper, too. Ambien, etc only works occasionally for me. GABA works every time! If I am really stirred up, it might not work, but by this time in life, I can turn my mind down to 'normal' continuous activity. GABA can work with that. I've been taking it for four months now and it still works effectively every time. I take 1.5 grams just before bed.

GABA

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 30, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Gaba is brilliant! I don't know why there is so many mixed reviews of GABA over the net... Let me tell you it works brilliantly, and like someone mentioned before; it is quite like diazepam but less intense, no tolerance, addiction etc. 5 stars. I also mix this in my drinks no prob.

Now Foods, GABA Powder, 6 oz (170 g)

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 29, 2009 | Verified Purchase

GABA - Deep, deep sleep that left me so refreshed thre following day! previously, I had ahard time sleeping well if I exercise late in the evening. Not anymore with a tiny amount of GABA taken shortly before hitting the sack!

Helps prevent seizures, aids sleep

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 18, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Excellent product, and fabulous value. Pure GABA with no additives. Gaba has been extremely helpful for me. Dissolved under the tongue at night, 1/4 tspn helps me sleep and has been incredibly effective to prevent partial seizures. GABA has made a tremendous difference to my quality of life.

great product and value.

Posted by RhondiLynne on Dec 21, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Gaba is great for anxiety and pain, and helps me with my insomnia. Buying it in the powder form is a great value for the money. I can hardly tatste the gaba at all when i drink it.

Do not purchase for anxiety relief

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 14, 2008 | Verified Purchase

GABA does not cross the blood-brain barrier. Supplementing with l-glutamine provides the brain with the raw materials it needs to synthesize GABA and glutamate. GABA in this form depresses the respiratory system and mildly relaxes muscles, which may make it a "shotgun" treatment for people experiencing sympathetic overarousal like high blood pressure, muscle tension, and a rapid heartbeat. Dont expect this to act like a perscription muscle relaxant; it's only really effective for treating neuro-muscular seizures. If taken in large, multi-gram amounts I can guarantee you that you will fear for your safety. It will suppress your ability to breath and remind you of those stories regarding opiate overdoses.

Great!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 17, 2009 | Verified Purchase

At first I dosed my GABA as per a 1/4tsp serving on the bottle, but noticed little difference. Increase the dose to above 4g (2tsp) and it really puts you in the mood for sleep. I hope to receive continued success with this product. Highly recommended if you have sleeping problems.

Good relaxative item

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 26, 2009 | Verified Purchase

GABA is an inhibitory neurotransmitter and seems to provide comfort to my muscles after a relatively strenuous workout.

Good for stroke survivors.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 14, 2008 | Verified Purchase

My Mother had a major stroke. Recovery has been long and hard but helped by a nightly dose of GABA, which calms her brain and helps her sleep more peacefully.

GABA

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 16, 2008 | Verified Purchase

It is like brakes for the ever accelerating mind. No side effects ever felt.