bad knees and weight loss

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 01, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I was diagnosed with bone on bone on the outside of my right knee, and after the inside was operated on twice, also bone on bone. They've offered only knee braces, or knee replacement, neither of which I want to do. I started on Joint Vibrance, beef gelatin (1 Tbsp. per day), and Dr. Christopher's Complete Tissue and bone. Well, the difference is amazing. I am back to work driving a one-ton truck and lifting 60 lb. boxes. Getting in and out of this truck was always painful, and after just 6 weeks on this regime, I am 60 to 70 percent better. I won't stop as I am 59 and also just started jogging. I've also lost 25 lbs.

Now Foods Beef Gelatin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 17, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This product has boosted my health to new levels. I love it and will always take it. It dosent just rebuild fingernails it grows hair, rebuilds tissue, has vastly impoved gland and hormonal functions. This is an extreemly healing suppliment. After 3 weeks I have noticed remarkable changes in my health for the better. Joint functions are very much improved along with flexibility. EVERYTHING is better. I love this product.

i'm amazed

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 16, 2013 | Verified Purchase

since switching from a pork-based gelatin to this one i'm glad to say there's huge difference. without going into detail i'll just say there's a load of reasons you wouldn't wanna consume pork and google will provide the curious plenty. i think any meat-eater would do great adding gelatin to their meals in form of a side-drink. the science is along the lines of eating the whole animal for complete amino acid profile as gelatin is all the cartilage normally thrown. gelatin has stabilized my joints, moods, metabolism, libido like you wouldn't believe. thank you and props to ray peat for sparking this great trend of gel-eating. i'd suggest looking the man up for a wealth of interesting takes on health and the industry.

Great stuff for healing

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 30, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I take this to heal my 'leaky gut' which causes eczema. So far so good, symptoms are going into remission. I use it in conjunction with L- Glutamine by Now Foods. I just throw a tablespoon in some water and chug it down. Tasteless, but a gross texture! I dont mind though as it WORKS! I have also made lemon flavoured gummies to snack on which worked a treat.

Bought after reading a reviewer noted benefits for knees - terrible for drinking though

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Mar 02, 2013 | Verified Purchase

As a thickener this powder is great. As for drinking it - the instructions on the packet say to mix 1 tablespoon with cold juice and drink immediately. I found it started to gelatinise way too quickly and turned into wallpaper paste - impossible to drink and a most unpleasant texture. If you're thinking about trying it for the same reason, suggest checking the Now Foods caps instead - much more user friendly. I ended up buying some empty gelatin capsules to fill my own caps - cheaper and no added fillers (e.g. mag stearate). If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

A good substitute for Chondroitin Sulfate for Joint Recovery...you are welcome to rate & read my other reviews

Posted by PracticalReviews on Apr 01, 2013 | Verified Purchase

about half of the Gelatin is Chondroitin,and its also known from the folk medicine that it is Joint Healing,just make sure you take the same amount of Glucosamine in conjunction for best results,it takes about 4g of each for 3 to 6 months for a proper healing,so be patient.don't forget your basic multivitamin & Cal/Mag as well as your Omega's & Trace minerals.you should also consider MSM,Boswellia & Turmeric for a quicker & better tissue recovery...you are welcome to rate & read my other reviews

great stuff!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 12, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Easy to use. I use 1/4 tsp of gelatin with 1/2 tsp of xanthan gum or guar gum per cup of gluten free flour mix, and the breads turn out delicate and moist. I still have 2 loaves of banana nut bread I made 2 weeks ago in baggies in the fridge, (i made 7 at one time), and they are still fresh and moist tasting, and even my gluten eating husband loves them! I will continue to use this brand as it is economical as well as a great product to use.

The Real Thing!

Posted by StarFire on Aug 28, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Forget all the collagen derivatives and claims, I've wasted time and money on them to no avail. In the industrialized societies, the consumption of gelatin has decreased, relative to the foods that contain an inappropriately high proportion of the antimetabolic amino acids, especially tryptophan and cysteine. The degenerative and inflammatory diseases can often be corrected by the use of gelatin-rich foods.

A good product

Posted by Trinity on Apr 16, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I think this is a very good product. I bought it just in case, as I read about the leaky gut syndrome. I haven't been examined and don't know if I have it or not, but decided to start using it just in case. My facial skin looks a bit better. I also think I sleep better at night if I take it about 30 min before I go to bed. The only downside I can think of is that it's not hormones/antibiotics free. G-Lake's one breaks me out every time I take it. This gelatin powder is easy to mix, but gets thick quite fast. I normally squeeze 1 lemon in a coffee mug and add 1-2 spoons of this gelatin, stir it vigorously and add some lukewarm water. Sometimes I add OptiMSM as well. Lemon gives it a nice taste and the vitamin C needed for the better absorption of the gelatin.

great for jello

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 26, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is a good product. Our family is following the GAPS diet to improve digestiion. Gelatin helps heal the gut lining, so I use this in lots of ways, from adding to soups and stews, to making jello and as an egg substitute. This is always on hand in my kitchen.