GBP

Full of dirt

Posted by 4707880978385483830 on Nov 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

i LOVE chia seeds and eat them all the time. I had to order these as my staple brand was out of stock for months. I got 2 bags of these and I've only been able to choke down half of 1 bag because they are so gritty/sandy/full of dirt. Quality Control missed the boat on these. I'm afraid to eat these now since I never know what bite will be a tooth crunching surprise. So disgusting! Waste of money

So much soil and dirt in my chia seeds!

Posted by 5545428765654329546 on Nov 07, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I trust Now Foods most of the time, but like the reviewer below, I found so much dirt in my pack. I usually mix them into my smoothies and oatmeal, so I didn't realise the amount of soil in this until my mum showed it to me because. You can see them clearly because she soaks hers in water and all the dirt sinks to the bottom. And it's A LOT of black soil, not kidding...it's disgusting knowing how much of it I've ingested. Now I'm not too sure what to do with my 2nd pack.

DON"T BUY THESE!!!!

Posted by 4649863342218949236 on Nov 26, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Love chia seeds but stay away from these!!! We got a few bags.. The first bag had some crunchy bits but second was way worse!! Did not noticed it till halfway through and finally (at the end of the bag!) dumped it out to see and managed to separate about a tablespoon's worht of pure dirt/earth!! Not sure how much of the dirt we ate, trying hard not to think about that! We tried a couple other brands without problems so do yourself a favor and avoid this one.. Unless you like eating dirt..

Dirty chias

Posted by Jaaniin on Oct 05, 2013 | Verified Purchase

It had so much dirt in it that you don´t want to eat it. I really hope that it was just this packet. There was some kind of mud, could see it, feel it and even taste it. It´s dirtyest chias we have ever seen. I did send mail to Now foods about this product.

Love, love, love this stuff!

Posted by patehosplace on Aug 05, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Excellent for heavy workouts and stamina is needed. I put two teaspoons in a glass of distilled water and let it sit for fifteen minutes. The seeds soak up all the water and have the consistency of jello. Sip it all day! No flavor, mix with fruit in the morning for a smoothie, put leftover in fridge and voila! A fruit jello that is packed full of vitamins, anti oxidants, omega 3+6 etc. etc.! Amazing miracle food!

Contains sand-like black specks :(

Posted by 4810570341646987769 on Feb 27, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This is my first purchase of chia seeds. I soak my seeds in water and drink it throughout the day. I noticed black specks which I initially thought was just black chia seeds. However, when I crushed it, it resembles sand particles and tastes bad. Very disappointed. Upon looking at some other reviews, I realised I'm not the only one with this bad experience.

Good deal!

Posted by Reviewer1886198 on May 20, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I had read about Salba, but you have to order from the manufacturer, and nowhere around where I live carries it. Of course they want you to commit to auto shipping to get a better deal, but it's not as good as iherb.com's price. We add to smoothies, oatmeal, soup, whatever. It really has no flavor. Sometimes I add to water. Whatever you add it to it makes it thick, because there is a natural gel coating on the seeds that absorbs water and keeps you from being hungry as soon as usual.

'Husks' present

Posted by 5535338423176274373 on Dec 13, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Compared to the Raw Chia Seeds with a mixture of black and white Chia seeds which I bought previously, this packet of White Chia Seeds have a lot more 'husks' like thing which remains in the mouth after chewing the seeds. I prefer the Navitas Naturals Organic Raw Chia Seeds.

Stems

Posted by Reviewer2013200 on Apr 21, 2013 | Verified Purchase

There were too many stems - way more than any other brand I've tried. So, I couldn't eat them.

Like these the best

Posted by Reviewer1404401 on Jun 16, 2010 | Verified Purchase

We have tried other brands, from iHerb and other suppliers and prefer these. The nutrition profile is pretty much the same from brand to brand, prices vary some, Now has best taste and very good price. And, as usual, iHerb is the best supplier.