10% Off Orders Over $40!

Doctor's Best, Best Collagen, Types 1 & 3, Powder, 7.1 oz (200 g)

£ 5.98

No stretch marks!

Posted by TrueReviews on Nov 15, 2013

I got this product because I am pregnant, and I read that collagen is essential building block for a lot of important tissues, such as bones, cartilage, tendons, and ligaments. It is also beneficial for the mother, so that her hair and skin (read stretch marks!) remains supple. Hydrolysed collagen is the most effective form, because it is easily absorbed by the body. I take two scoops with my orange or apple juice, because it needs Vitamin C to get absorbed. Sometimes I mix it with Effer-C, Effervescent Drink Mix, Elderberry from Now Foods, so I don't taste the collagen. Both brands that carry Collagen (Neocell and Doctor's Best) are very good quality. This one had a better price. Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Collagen is basically protein required to maintain and hold various structures of our body. It is most commonly found in our skin. This product provides the breakdown of collagen – the amino acids to aid absorption (normal collagen is too big to be absorbed). Price is also very competitive. Personal experience – Though it claims to have “pleasant and mild taste”, it is more of a neutral taste. You can simply mix with anything and it will just dilute the taste of whatever you mix with. It’s a quite gritty but mix very well with a blender bottle. It’s best recommended to be taken with Vitamin C and both has to work together in order to achieve desired results. You will notice that your skin gets smoother, younger, elastic and softer after a while! It feels as if your skin gets ironed out. Though collagen is also found in joints, I find that it is not very effective as a standalone (seem to work well with hyaluronic acid according to others) or compared to glucosamine. I have also noted that the quality of your skin will revert slowly back to your old self if you stop taking it for a period of time. It is also important to take this on empty stomach and away from other protein powder as your body can only absorb limit amount of amino acids at the same time. For females who want to improve your skin quality, this works much better than those chemical facial creams, moisturizers can even do. The price is much lower than its competitor on iherb, neocell. However, those who have tried both tends to stick to neocell. I will probably try neocell someday. Check out my page for more reviews!

the best

Posted by Elena1280324 on Jun 30, 2012

This product is necessary for me. I care of the skin, hair, connecting fabrics. I can use it differently - to drink inside, to add in cream, to do masks. It is well dissolved, easily absorbed. Very convenient form of a preparation.

Good but not near the best

Posted by Reviewer1243341 on Jun 29, 2012

I usually purchase the other extremely popular brand of powder collagen but decided to give this a try because I like and trust the Doctor's Best brand. While their other products maybe stellar, this one isn't. My hands get very very dry and patchy. When taking the more popular brand the dry and patchiness goes way within two days. I've been taking this for about 3-wks and my hands are still very dry and patchy. Maybe this does more on the inside that I can’t see. Regardless, I will not purchase again. On a bright note, this does mix much much smoother than my usual more popular brand.

Good

Posted by Reviewer3126648 on Oct 02, 2012

Makes a difference for my skin, nails and kneejoint.