Coconut Secret, Raw Coconut Aminos, Soy-Free Seasoning Sauce, 8 fl oz (237 ml)

£ 3.70

Amazing! but loses flavor when cooked

Posted by Reviewer1239444 on Sep 20, 2010

Coconut Aminos tastes wonderful, VERY close to soy (I grew up on soy sauce, so I well remember what it tastes like). The only problem is if you cook it it will loose a lot of its flavor. If you plan on using it in a non-raw stir fry, add it at the very end. Also great because it's not as high in sodium as soy sauce is.

I will never use soy sauce again!

Posted by PaleoLowCarber on Sep 05, 2013

I was a bit skeptical when I read the reviews here.. I've never heard of coconut aminos as soy sauce before, coming from an Asian family, it's a bit weird too. WELL! I'm blown away by how similar this is to the usual soy sauce that we consume. Because Monsanto built its base here in our country I've never trusted local soy products (GMO anyone?) I'm absolutely thrilled and will continue using this as a permanent replacement for soy sauce! Thanks, iHerb for carrying the product.

Love it

Posted by 5362572640403611224 on Aug 17, 2013

Love the coconut amino's, I wanted to move away from soy based seasonings, this is kind of an acquired taste, quite sweet, works perfect for dressings and marinades.

It's okay

Posted by abbyca on Nov 01, 2010

I think I'm too much of a soy sauce lover to give it up entirely although I do like the fact that this product comes close in flavor and is less salty than regular soy sauce.

Sweeter than soy sauce but OK substitute

Posted by 4665503560050011313 on Nov 27, 2013

A little disappointed, since I expected something tasting a little more lika soy sauce (which I miss a lot, breastfeeding child with soy allergy). This was sweeter and had a scent of coconut. But it's good and better than no soy at all:-).