GBP

Updated Review

Posted by ThinkingforMyself on Aug 27, 2013

Update to review below: I am lowering my rating to two stars because my mother mentioned that my hair has been looking greasy lately. I thought that this and the bar with argan oil were doing a good job, although I still had days that my hair felt like straw even with the apple cider vinegar rinse, but I thought at least I was doing something good for it. My mother commented that since I've been using this, my hair has looked greasy. I'm now going to look for something else. I found a way that I can use this shampoo bar without turning my hair to oily straw. Instead of spraying the apple cider vinegar rinse on, I poured about 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar into a medium sized bowl, filled the rest with water, and dipped my hair into it, and poured the remaining rinse over my roots. I did not wash it out. Now my hair is soft and shiny. Original review: My hair looks and feels terrible after using this several times. I'm still going to try it for a while, because maybe it takes time to get used to. But my hair feels like straw on the bottom, and oily in places at the roots. I miss my Giovanni shampoo and conditioner so much, but I'm trying to completely avoid estrogenic ingredients like phenoxyethanol and certain essential oils (see Dr. Peter Eckhart if you're confused). J.R. Liggett's customer service is a bit weird, too. I phoned them to ask if their shampoo bar for damaged hair contains certain essential oils. They returned my call while I was out, so I emailed, explaining the situation. Instead of at least replying that the bar does or does not contain the essential oils I'm trying to avoid, they reacted as if I'm trying to steal their recipe. Paranoid much? I'm going to try their argan oil bar to see if that's an improvement on this one, but this whole experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. I just want to find a shampoo bar that works for me. I have long, fine, colour treated hair (brunette), btw, the kind that tangles hopelessly every time I set foot outside. Not sure if that's why this soap doesn't work so well or not. I also have been following it with an apple cider vinegar rinse.

awesome

Posted by Reviewer2998813 on Jan 31, 2014

Childrens hair feels great. Softer and feels cleaner. Have used it long enough to know the difference.

Good enough

Posted by Reviewer1776535 on Jul 29, 2011

This product is not bad, but my hair looked bit dull. Anyway, it's great for travelling and I think about simply buying other Liggett's type of shampoo bar.

does the job

Posted by Reviewer1511810 on Aug 19, 2013

easy to use cleans hair really well doesn't make your hair oily

Great Shampoo and body wash.

Posted by 5717208172968011862 on Jul 14, 2013

I love this body wash and shampoo, I feel so clean and relaxed after a shower. It helps you hair grow, and feel wonderful!!!!!

very good

Posted by 4962118439715592873 on Feb 10, 2014

Clasic shampoo is past

Best shampoo

Posted by 5378930949313933801 on Jul 24, 2014

This shampoo is amaizing, I recommend all J.R. Liggett's Old-fashioned shampoos. Hair feels so much cleaner and better after you stop using regualr shampoo and only this. I don't even need conditioner anymore.

Good enought

Posted by 5020508882474442848 on Jun 02, 2014

My hair is short but squeaky clean and I don't need any conditioner. It seems to keep clean longer.

I love it !

Posted by 4659994802141606750 on Jul 25, 2013

I really love this shampoo ! I love the smell. I love my hair since I use it. I love the fact that I do not have to use a conditionner everytime I wash my hair. (and I have curly & coloured & dry hair) I will definitely bui it again (and again).

Love it

Posted by 5411149039558053420 on Sep 09, 2014

Love this stuff, cleanses my hair despite it was tricky to start with as my hair felt waxy for the first two weeks, now is the best shampoo ever combined with a boar brush, will buy again and try different formulas

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »