GBP

£12.98

£13.58

Savings of: £0.60 (4% off)

Cadmium contamination

Posted by Reviewer1412707 on May 18, 2014

I've been eating Navitas cacao products for several years now (mostly the nibs, though, lately, not the powder). I was horrified to read the Consumer Lab report that just came out. It found extremely high levels of cadmium (though no lead, at least), in Navitas Naturals cacao powder. Alas, I will be switching brands.

Absolutely delicious and invigorating

Posted by ludvig on Jul 13, 2012

Tried to make hot chocolate with this... It was so delicious... so euphoric... What I did was to mix two table spoons with this powder, two equal parts with coconut crystals, and then filled up the cup with warm milk... stirred it... and there I was: in Chocolate Heaven!

Great for coconut chocolate

Posted by Reviewer3181965 on Jun 24, 2012

I used this product to make coconut chocolate; it turned out great! Good quality and taste. Some of the negative reviews concern bitter taste. Raw cocoa powder is bitter. Some kind of sweetener is required to make it more palatable.

Dark as a Cup of Coffee Raw Chocolate

Posted by wholefoods on Aug 13, 2012

I bought a bag of this product intending to use it as a sweet chocolate cocoa mix, like the kind grandma used to make. When I put the powder into a coffee mug and stirred it, it ended up tasting more like a cup of dark coffee. Not that that is a bad thing. There isn't anything sweet about this product. It is very dark tasting and bitter. At first I couldn't get used to the taste. Now, I drink a cup or two a day at work in place of coffee. I appreciate that this product is filled with iron, magnesium, protein, fiber, healthy fats, and a host of antioxidants. It also makes me feel calm after drinking a cup, probably a combination of the caffeine and other components of the raw cacoa. Also, because Navitas specializes in whole foods products, including cacoa in all its manifestations, I trust the quality. Highly recommended!

Cacao powder testimonial

Posted by Reviewer2990970 on Jan 04, 2010

I have been using this product for several months. It is extremely effective at controlling my hypertension. I haven't had to use statins forr several years now. Before treatment with statins, my blood pressure was somewhere around 140/90. The best I was able to achieve using statin prescription medicine was around 130/90. My blood pressure levels are now consistently around 120/80 using the raw cacao powder.

Cacao Powder

Posted by anncha on Sep 07, 2012

Love it... I`ve made healty"icecream" with it, and it taste reeeaally good.. But make sure you don`t use to much, it`s better to use less than you think and then add a bit more if you need to..

No Longer RAW

Posted by Reviewer2705119 on Aug 11, 2015

I've always enjoyed Navitas Cacao Powder for both taste and quality. I was surprised and disappointed to see that my latest package no longer says, "Raw Cacao". Although their website says "processed with low heat", it's apparently no longer their commitment to keep it low enough to be labeled raw. I'll be reading the labels of trusted brands more carefully and buying my cacao elsewhere from now on.

Navitas Naturals, Organic, Cacao Powder, Raw Chocolate Powder, 16 oz (454 g)

Posted by 4673783161675395721 on Mar 05, 2015

Just heard this powder has high levels of cadmium powder so will definitely not order again! It is a pity as it tastes fine.

I read up on Cacao and all the antioxidants it has but!

Posted by Reviewer1386519 on Oct 22, 2015

I did not realize how this stuff is like a drug. It makes me hyper because it increases chemicals in your brain more than caffeine. I have seen different raw food experts now who say stay away from this stuff. It is not a food. And long term use could be harmful. I like the taste but will switch to Carob. Do not be deceived. I see no articles on benefit to humans on taking this stuff.

Very tastey

Posted by Reviewer1604774 on Nov 20, 2008

I have tried another Cocoa powder from this site and this one is MUCH better tasting, very chocolaty . It costs a bit more but it is worth the extra cost.