10% Off Orders Over $40!

Navitas Naturals, Organic, Maca Powder, Raw Maca Powder, 16 oz (454 g)

£ 12.72
Reviews 5-star

Ann

Posted by Reviewer2640277 on Jul 11, 2009

This is a real power food. would recommend

Amazing

Posted by Reviewer2766586 on Feb 25, 2010

Maca is usually spoken to have an effect after a few weeks. I felt that effect 45 minutes after my first dose. It's really effective. Absolutely recommended.

Macamazing !

Posted by vinetu28 on Sep 19, 2014

I think this stuff works! You feel more driven to accomplish things. I notice that when I don't take it I'll have less energy. It's not a hyper energy it's more of a calm focused energy. The powder is great because you can mix it with drinks and it tastes kind of maltey. I sometimes eat it directly from the spoon and rinse it down with water. I've read it's even better for women to take because it balances their hormones which fluctuate more than men's do. You need to start slowly with the dosage and adjust it according to your body's needs, then take a break from it occasionally or it appears to lose potency(for example: 3 week ON, 1 week OFF). I recommend using 1 tsp to 1 tbsp in water mixing it up and drinking it as fast as possible in the morning. It taste bad but you can mix it with juice or something else (smoothies, shakes and tea). It is necessary to note that аnyone who has a sensitive digestive system must be careful with the raw maca. Like other cruciferous roots, maca is particularly difficult to digest when raw. Not only is it fiber-dense, it also contains lots of goitrogens - that's why the raw root and it's flour is so bitter - so it's no wonder people have digestive and occasional hormonal (thyroid) complaints.To avoid this issue maca should be cooked in order to be gentle on digestion, on metabolism, and it has always been cooked traditionally(by the native Puruvians)for this purpose! Another option for those with digestive issue is Gelatinized Maca Powder(iHerb carry gelatinized raw maca). Gelatinized means that it's fiber has been removed, and goitrogens denatured. The gelatinized product was developed specifically to address the digestion issue inherent with the root. To summarize, I give this maca powder a five star rating because it's simply great . This stuff makes you feel better than any multivitamin you'll find and I definitely recommend it .

steady improvement

Posted by savourysue on Aug 05, 2012

So far this product is playing a small part in sustaining good energy levels for me throughout the day. Along with a predominantly plant-based diet you will notice that you will voluntarily want to exercise, which is a step in the right direction for me.

Navitas Naturals, Maca Powder, Raw Maca

Posted by Reviewer2849285 on Oct 06, 2008

Love it. I could tell a difference in just two to three days of taking it. Also, I am 47 and so now things such as bone density and muscle loss is a possibility. I notice that not only when I exercise, I have better stamina, but over a period of time, my muscles seem to appreciate it. I don't need as much sleep and when I am tired, I bounce back quicker. My husband works a very physical job and after getting him to try it, he loves it. It will definitely be a staple in our home for good health. This is so important to me since so many foods are processed and lacking in basic nutrition.