Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Now Foods, Mega Pack, Carbo Gain, 100% Complex Carbohydrate, 12 lbs (5.45 kg) (Discontinued Item)

£ 21.04

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »

Great stuff,but needs a better container.

Posted by Reviewer1950291 on Aug 09, 2008

I use the maltodextrin on long distance (2 hours and over} biking for muscle glygogen replenishment while riding. It works great, and I don't have to eat much while on the bike. The problem is the container. It is awkward to get the powder out of the sack and when you close the sack the powder puffs out--and I doubt if it's a good idea to breathe that stuff. A big plastic jug with a big opening (like the 7# Carbo Gain comes in) would be much better. And how about throwing in a cheapo 1/2 cup measuring cup---woulld be very handy.

Pure maltodextrin.

Posted by Reviewer2320997 on Feb 19, 2008

The common ingredient in many of the high priced sports drink powders is maltodextrin. Get it here at a fraction of the cost.

Now Foods Carbo Gain

Posted by Reviewer2984700 on Jun 23, 2009

I love this product and have been using it for years. I mix some in with my protein powder several times a day between meals and before and after sports in order to get some complex carbs in the mix. If Carbo Gain is ever discontinued, I'd really be lost for an alternative.

Carbo Gain

Posted by Reviewer2648558 on Jul 01, 2009

Great stuff! I use it when climbing mountains. I mix it with honey and water to form a paste (similar to Hammer Gel) and suck about an ounce every 20 minutes. I need no other snacks or power bars during an all-day climb/hike. It really keeps me going.

Great Value

Posted by Reviewer1740557 on Mar 16, 2010

I use this maltodextrin in my homemade endurance exercise "recovery drink". It is a great value and true to label. Way cheaper than the commercially available products and you have total control over the recipe.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »