GBP

£5.65

£7.57

Savings of: £1.91 (25% off)

• Customer Ratings

Blanco Salvia White Chia Seeds, Great Price!!!

Posted by Reviewer2298049 on Jul 04, 2010

Wow great price!!! Leave it to NOW to make the price more affordable. An 1lb bag of Salba brand white chia is between $20-$25 in Canada. This is one of the best food sources to keep you regular (high in both types of fiber, so forget the Psyllium) and it's loaded with very important nutrients including more omega 3 than flax seed, minerals, vitamins, proteins, and anti-oxidants. You don't have to grind the seeds like flax, but if I don't grind them I find they just pass through undigested. I also prefer the smoother texture of the grinded seeds when I mix with liquids. I also read some where that you should grind them to release more of the important nutrients. I just used a cheap coffee grinder to grind the seeds. ( don't use the same one for coffee) I now add 3-5 heaping teaspoons of grinded chia a day to my diet. I mix it in my morning greens drink, freshly juiced vegetable juices, oatmeal and yogurt. Great in turkey meat loaf instead of bread crumbs.I also like to make lemon chia frescas. Mix a teaspoon of chia in a glass of freshly squeezed lemonade sweeten with stevia (I use NuStevia White Stevia Powder also purchased here) After a few weeks of taking chia you'll defintely noticed an improvement in your overall health. You will definitely be more regular, and you'll have more energy.

Yummy!

Posted by Reviewer3003614 on Jun 29, 2010

I am in love with chia seeds! I make chia pudding for breakfast almost every morning and add in all sorts of goodies to make a nice raw cereal. This stuff keeps me full for hours!

Like these the best

Posted by Reviewer1404401 on Jun 16, 2010

We have tried other brands, from iHerb and other suppliers and prefer these. The nutrition profile is pretty much the same from brand to brand, prices vary some, Now has best taste and very good price. And, as usual, iHerb is the best supplier.

Essential

Posted by Reviewer1349510 on May 21, 2010

These chia seeds have become a regular part of my diet. They provide many of the omegas and other nutrients. Last year due to a medical regimen I was taking I couldn't go to the gym. This year the amount of muscle the chia has helped me to regain is amazing!

Wonder seed!

Posted by Reviewer1412778 on Apr 26, 2010

Keeps you feeling full and hydrated - slightly strange texture (I use it in a Crystal Light drink), but you get used to this quickly. Will definitely help curb appetite - I use this once a day in the mid afternoon to bridge between lunch and dinner.

White Chia Seeds

Posted by Reviewer2552172 on Apr 24, 2010

LOVE this product! I miss a scoop with a chopped apple and cup of Activia yogurt for my breakfast every morning.

Can add to many things

Posted by Reviewer2808184 on Apr 19, 2010

This can be added to some many food items,yogurt,pudding,smoothies. This is a good price and product.

Very Healthy Addition to my Oatmeal

Posted by Reviewer2666562 on Apr 18, 2010

These seeds are a very healthy addition to my diet. They give a nice little crunch to my morning oatmeal.

Interesting

Posted by Reviewer2463518 on Apr 11, 2010

This is my first time using Chia seeds. They have no real taste, so it's kinda easy to just throw some in my salad or in a smoothie.

barb5